1. Great return on investment
Unlike other advertising (e.g. local papers, leaflets etc…) with local SEO there is little wasted exposure. You reach potential customers when they need you not when they don’t. This makes local SEO both efficient and cost-effective.
2. Only 10% of businesses have claimed their Google Places local listings
Most local businesses haven’t got to grips with online marketing yet. That leaves the door open for you to get a head start before your competitors wise-up and it gets more competitive. Strike while the iron’s hot.
3. Many of the best local SEO opportunities are free (for now!)
It’s free to claim your listing in Google maps (called Google Places) and to list your business in hundreds of online business directories. That’s free promotion for your business, but it may not be free forever.
4. Local newspaper readership is in massive decline, down 40-80%
Fewer & fewer people are reading local newspapers. Recent figures show some local newspapers have lost 80% of their readership in the last 20 years. Why? Because local people are turning to the internet for their local news as well as to find the best local businesses & local deals.
5. 70% of local consumers trust online business reviews
Word of mouth is a major factor in the success of local businesses. Get your trusted customers to review your business online and attract hundreds of new customers.